Monday, December 15, 2014

All I Want For Christmas

I do not want a culture that hates men.  I do not think that is the purpose of feminism.  I have a son.  I have a husband. I have a father. I love men.

What I want is a culture that hates violence.   I want a culture that hates inequity.  I want a culture that hates discrimination at any level. I want a culture that hates rapists.

I think feminism is about making a decision that everyone should have equal access.  Everyone should be safe. Everyone should have the ability to control their own destiny.

That is what feminism is to me.

It is about the ability of every person to live freely and equally living up to their own ideals of personal best. We have to say freedom and power is a collective goal. We can not be free until we are all free. We can not be truly powerful until we are all empowered.


No comments:

Post a Comment